That other guy? Excuse me? SINCE WHEN IS RALPH FIENNES EVER THAT OTHER GUY?! If there is one thing In Bruges solidified for me it's that Ralph Fiennes is an amazing actor!! He has long since been on my top ten (see biography posting on my favorite movies for an explanation as to why) and any idiot can see he is a good actor. I mean who else could pull off Count Almasy, Chris Marshall and Lord Voldemort in one lifetime? (Check his IMDB movie list for more info). BUt alas....he's done it again in this movie! Comedy, darkness, everything!
The movie was good--I liked it and did not regret going. But it was shocking, and sad, and dark. I would give this movie a 6. And I would recommend it w/hesitation--I definitely don't think it is for everyone.
3 Reasons why it wasn't a 10:
- The killing is pretty brutal
- So is the language
- Even though there were amazing shots of Bruges--it still didn't do the city justice!
3 reasons why it wasn't a 3:
- Ralph Fiennes (duh). The other 2 main characters were fab too!
- The ending did provide a resolved-ish type of feeling.
- It was so clever, unexpected and funny!! I still crack up when I think of Colin Farrell saying "If I'd grown up on a farm and was retarded, Bruges might impress me. But I didn't so it doesn't." hahaha Bruges is truly one of the most amazing places I've ever been so how could I do anything but laugh at this hilarious comment!