Shannon: On Saturday, Shiloh and I went to see The Bank Job. I knew 3 things about this movie before seeing it: 1) It stars Handsome Rob from the Italian Job, 2) Eric Bana's wife in Troy is also in it, and 3) it's a heist.
So...it was again proven to me that many times it is better to go to a movie knowing nothing about it b/c I don't have any expectations and it isn't difficult to meet expectations when they are low or non-existent.
Overall, I rate The Bank Job an 8.
3 reasons it didn't get a 10:
1. It was shockingly naughty--which isn't the end of the world for me but when it seems unnecessary, I don't like it.
2. I didn't develop an emotional attachment to it at all.
3. There was a good love scene....that apparently got completely cut in the editing process! Lame!
3 reasons it didn't get a 5:
1. This is Jason Statham's best movie--he was fab! And he was hot!
2. Saffron Burrows was awesome! She looked about 10 feet tall w/all her amazing 70s outfits and coats (turns out she actually is 6 ft tall)
3. It was a helluva lot of fun! And a true story to boot!